MG Hector Receives New OTA Update With New Features, Theme And Fixes
MG Hector’s infotainment system now gets improved voice commands and a new grey-coloured theme
1) MG has increased the word limit up to 100 words for the welcome messages.
2) In-built Gaana application can now be controlled via voice commands
3) The update includes multiple bug fixes too.
4) The latest update will be rolled in a phased manner.
5) Customers will receive an SMS notification and email once the new update is available for their car.
6) For any query, please contact the nearest dealership or MG Pulsehub on 18001006464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MG Motor launched the Hector SUV in June 2019 in India. It offers a variety of segment-first features and connected car technology. The carmaker has now introduced an OTA (over-the-air) update for Hector's infotainment system.
Starting with its in-built Gaana application, with this update customers can now control the music application via voice commands. The infotainment system now gets a new grey colour theme, additional voice commands with new 'chit-chat' feature, and supports up to 100 words for the welcome messages. The latest update, which will be rolled out in a phased manner, also includes multiple bug fixes. Customers will receive an SMS notification and email once the new updates are available for their SUV.
The Hector's eSIM-enabled connected car technology helps control various features remotely. This includes controlling the AC, opening and closing the sunroof, and door and tailgate lock and unlock. It also offers a 'Find My Car' feature that helps locate the Hector in a parking lot while the geo-fencing feature sends an alert on the owner's mobile phone when the car crosses a set perimeter.
The Hector is priced between Rs 12.73 lakh and Rs 17.72 lakh (ex-showroom, except Kerala). Key rivals include the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier, and Mahindra XUV500. MG will soon launch a 6-seater version of the Hector called the Hector Plus with captain seats in the middle row. It will also go up against the upcoming Tata Gravitas.