Varamahalakshmi Vratam: 2019 The Goddess of wealth and prosperity and wealth & it's significance
Varamahalakshmi Vrata or Varalakshmi Nombu is a festival to sniff Goddess Lakshmi, the wife of Lord Vishnu, a member of the Hindu Trinity.
Varamahalakshmi Vrata or Varalakshmi Nombu is a festival to sniff Goddess Lakshmi, the wife of Lord Vishnu, a member of the Hindu Trinity. The Varalakshmi fast is observed last Friday during Shravana Shukla Paksha and falls only a few days before Rakhi and Shravana Purnima.
Meaning of Varalakshmi Vrat
Varalakshmi Vrat, also known as Varamahalaxmi Vratham, will be held this year on August 9, 2019. It is a festival dedicated to the goddess Lakshmi. That day, a special Lakshmi Pooja is introduced to please the goddess of wealth and prosperity. It is thought that the Varalakshmi form of the goddess confers benefits and meets all the desires of her devotees. Therefore, this form of the goddess is known as Vara + Lakshmi, which is to say the goddess Lakshmi who grants favors.
The main legend (Story-Vrat Katha)
It is a pooja that was declared by Lord Parameswara as being executed by his wife Parvathi in order to seek the prosperity and happiness of the family. It is believed that the goddess Parvati observed fasting for her beloved wife and the prosperity and happiness of her family, and since then it has been a popular tradition for women of southern India to observe Varalaxmi Vrat or Varalaxmi Vratam on the Shukla Shravan Shukla. month. In some cases, women prayed to be blessed with children.
Ask our astrologer the detail Varalakshmi Vrat Katha.
Rituals (Varalakshmi Vratham Procedures)
Although men and women can perform the Vrata, it is usually the women of the family who observe the fast to seek blessings for the well-being of their family members.
1. On this auspicious day, women get up early, observe the ritual fast and perform the Varalakshmi Pooja, in which they offer candies and flowers to the goddess.
2. Women observing Varalakshmi Puja refrain from eating certain foods, which may also vary from region to region.
3. A pot of Kalash or brass (representing the deity) is wrapped and decorated with a sari. A swastika symbol is drawn with kumkum and sandalwood paste. The Kalash pot is filled with rice or raw water, coins, five types of leaves and beetle nuts.
4. Finally, mango leaves are placed on the mouth of Kalash and a coconut stained with turmeric serves to close the mouth of Kalash. A sacred thread tied at Varalakshmi Puja is called the Dorak.
5. The treats and offerings placed before the deity are called Vayana.
6. During the evening, an atiti is offered to the goddess.
7. The next day, the Kalash water is sprinkled around the house. If grains of rice are part of Kalash's ingredients, they are used to make a meal of rice or Prasad for the family the next day.
Know the rituals to follow while observing the fast of the Varamahalakshmi festival. Talk to our astrologer!
Mantra to sing
The following mantra must be recited on the day of Varalakshmi Vrat to envy the blessings of the goddess Lakshmi:
|| Om Hreem Shreem Lakshmibhayo Namah ||
Important dates and times for Varalakshmi Vrat 2019 | Panchang
Simha Lagna Puja Muhurat (morning) - 6:27 am to 8:44 am on August 9, 2019
Vrishchika Lagna Puja Muhurat (afternoon) - 13:20 to 15:39 on August 9, 2019
Kumbha Lagna Puja Muhurat (evening) - from 19:25 to 20:52 on August 9, 2019
Vrishabha Lagna Puja Muhurat (midnight) - 23:53 to 01:48 on August 10, 2019
With the grace of Ganesha,