World Mosquito Day – 5 Natural Tips to Keep Mosquitoes at Bay
Coils and vaporisers are believed to be high on chemical and have the power of causing allergies, especially among kids.
World Mosquito Day falls on 20 August, which was first established in 1897. It marks the anniversary of the day Sir Ronald Ross discovered that female mosquitoes spread malaria.
The battle against these mosquito induced diseases has been a multi-decade marathon. This day aims to raise awareness about the causes of malaria and how it can be prevented. These furious creatures spare no one, neither youngsters nor older.
With mosquito-induced diseases like dengue, malaria and zika outbreaks are on the rise, and it's time to trade the harmful effects of coils, incense sticks and liquid vaporisers with natural things. Coils and vaporisers are believed to be high on chemical and have the power of causing allergies, especially among kids.
Natural Tips to Keep Mosquitoes Away
1. Lemon and Cloves: Cut a lemon into two halves and insert some cloves in it. This practice has been hailed by many as one of the best to keep flies and mosquitoes away. Mosquitoes can't stand the scent of the cloves.
2. Basil (Tulsi): Every Indian house has a plant of Tulsi in your home. Ensure that you have a sapling of it inside your room or plant another one. It is believed that Tulsi is excellent for making tea, but mosquitoes detest it. It releases an odour that repels these pesky insects.
3. Garlic: This is also an excellent home remedy, crush a few cloves of garlic and boil the crushed garlic in water for some time keeps mosquitoes away. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and spurt it around the room will surely ward off mosquitoes.
4. Johnson's Baby Creamy Oil: Surprised! Yes, people have highly endorsed this product as it keeps the bugs and buzzing mosquitoes away. So next time you go to a supermarket, please don't forget to buy it and spread some on your skin to keep mosquitoes away.
5. Neem and Lavender Oil: Neem never fails to beat itself. Research has shown that neem oil is very useful in keeping mosquitoes away--ten times more than any chemical laden-coils or vaporisers. Neem is not only anti-fungal and anti-bacterial, but it is also anti-viral. Mix neem and lavender oil in equal parts and apply it to your skin. Mosquitoes hate the bitter taste.