Be monsoon-ready with skin and hair care tips
Not only during summers, your hair and skin need your care during monsoons as well. With monsoon blues kicking in soon, it’s time to show your skin and hair some extra love and care.
Not only during summers, your hair and skin need your care during monsoons as well. With monsoon blues kicking in soon, it’s time to show your skin and hair some extra love and care. From using sunscreen even on cloudy days, regular exfoliation to moisturizing even in the rains can do wonders to your beauty, says an expert.
Penning down a few seasonal tips for the upcoming months, Vice President and Head at Medical Services and R&D of Kaya Limited, Sangeeta Velaskar tells you how to fight the skin and hair battles with an effective regime:
• Keep using the sunscreen (SPF 30) even on cloudy days for protection from harmful radiation. You could also opt for a sweat-proof sunscreen to ensure that the humidity in the air doesn’t wear the sunscreen off.
• Moisturizing in the rains is as important as it is in summer, use a non-comedogenic moisturizer for oily skin to prevent acne breakouts and a light lotion-based moisturizer for dry and combination skin.
• Acne loves the sultry season and the moist weather acts as a catalyst for bacteria build-up. Use a salicylic acid-based cleanser every day and follow it up with an alcohol-free toner to unclog the pores.
• A good skincare routine should always include regular exfoliation. This will help clear out the dead and dry skin thus keeping your skin supple and glowing.
• Always wash your face, hands and feet as soon as you reach your home with lukewarm water. This not only leaves you feeling refreshed but also prevents bacterial and fungal infections.
• Monsoons are notorious for itchy scalps, flaking and dandruff. Include a good anti-dandruff shampoo that is mild and also provides moisturization at the same time. Some of the ingredients to look out for are Piroctone Olamine and Vitamin B5.
• Wash your hair at least twice or thrice a week and keep the scalp dry to avoid fungal and bacterial infections.
• Use a volumizing or anti frizz hair serum to keep the bouncy, frizz free look. Excessive use of hair gels and sprays will only cause further damage.
• Use of hair dryers though necessary it is better suggested if you limit its usage. Instead opt for dry towels to remove moisture from your hair.