Benefits of drinking hot lemon water
Lemon water can be very helpful as it can detoxify your body. The two biggest benefits of lemon are its strong antibacterial, antiviral and immune-boosting powers.
Lemon water can be very helpful as it can detoxify your body. The two biggest benefits of lemon are its strong antibacterial, antiviral and immune-boosting powers. Also, it contains substances such as notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin and limonene that promote immunity and fight infection.
To add to its benefits is its use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Listed are the amazing benefits that come along with drinking just one cup of hot lemon water each morning. It’s as simple as boiling a pot of water and adding a slice of lemon in it.
Helps with weight loss - Lemons are rich in pectin fiber, which reduces hunger.
- Better digestion - Lemon juice helps to discharge waste materials, by stimulating the liver to secrete acids needed for digestion.
- Cleans the skin - Water with lemon cleans the toxins from the blood that affects on the skin to be healthy.
- Improves the immune system - Vitamin C present is excellent in fighting colds. Also contains potassium which stimulates brain, nerves and blood pressure control.
- Reduces respiratory problems - Hot water with lemon will stop cough and facilitate breathing, especially in people with asthma and allergies
- Balances pH - Lemon has to be one of the most alkaline foods. If you want to reduce the acidity in your body you should try drinking lemon water.
- An excellent diuretic - Lemon accelerates the excretion of urine and thereby cleans the body of toxins.
- Due to the large amount of vitamin C, lemon water is used in the treatment of infections, wounds, allergies and sore throat.
- Instead of coffee - Although no caffeine, is an excellent replacement for your morning coffee
- Refreshes your breath, relieves toothache and inflammation of gums - but beware! citric acid erodes tooth enamel.