The gang spills beans on its crime history
Kadapa: During the interrogation, Mundla Venkata Sunil, the de facto head of the gang, including some...
Kadapa: During the interrogation, Mundla Venkata Sunil, the de facto head of the gang, including some engineering students, elaborated the details of the crimes the gang was involved in the past. It was astonishing that the police have been in the dark over these crimes all these years.
- In August 2011, the Sunil gang kidnapped a real estate businessperson Chagamreddy Subba Reddy and collected a ransom of Rs. 7 lakh.
- In the same month, they kidnapped another realtor Subba Rayudu and collected a ransom of Rs. 8 lakh.
- In June 2012, the gang kidnapped Krishna Reddy, owner of Balaji Gas Agency and collected Rs. 50 lakh ransom.
- The gang had also kidnapped Puliraju, owner of a wine shop and collected a ransom of Rs. 17 lakh. Their modus operandi is they thrash their victims before releasing them to keep the fear in them alive.
- In May 2012, they attempted to murder a wayside dhaba owner and in July, the same year they kidnapped one Kishore and threatened him with bodily harm. Had the police investigated into the attempt to murder case at the Dhaba, they would have caught the Sunil Gang long back.
- Again, in January 2013, the gang threatened Bangalore Bakery owner Venkata Swamy in Anantapuram and collected Rs. 1.10 lakh from him.
- In December 2012, they kidnapped Srinivasulu, owner of Satyanarayana Cafe Works and collected two gold bars and Rs. 2.5 lakh in cash from him.
- The saga of crime ended with the murder of a medical shop owner.