Golden chariot gets stuck twice.
Golden chariot gets stuck twice.The 29-tonne new golden chariot, made at a cost of Rs 24-crore specifically for carrying processional idols of the Lord during the ‘Brahmotsavam’ from October 5 to 13, got stuck twice on its trial run here on Monday.
The trial run of the new dazzling golden chariot of Lord Venkateswara Swamy which was conducted in Tirumala on Monday, was not entirely successful as the unpaved roads could not withstand the chariot weighing over 28 tonnes. The vehicle sank twice.
• Trying moments during trial run
• Lord creating obstacles for haughty TTD officials, say devotees
• Pilgrims made to wait for hours
• Officials blame it on weight of the vehicle
• Next trial run on October 3rd