Jagan goes on fast from today
Jagan goes on fast from today. Protesting against the ‘arbitrary move’ of splitting the state,YSR Congress President YS Jaganmohan Reddy...
• Demands that the Centre roll back bifurcation decision
• When Ordinance can be withdrawn, why not T decision
• Says only YSRCP, CPI (M) and MIM want State united
• Urges other parties to join hands to defeat Centre’s move
• GoM can’t find solutions to several contentious issues
Protesting against the ‘arbitrary move’ of splitting the state,YSR Congress President YS Jaganmohan Reddy on Friday announced that he would launch an indefinite fast at his Lotus Pond residence in the city on Saturday, demanding that the Union government revoke its decision.
Addressing mediapersons, he urged all parties including TDP President N Chandrababu Naidu to come together to fight to keep the state united and support his party’s protest against UPA’s “arbitrary decision of setting aside all established norms of a mandatory assembly resolution."
“While YSRCP, CPI(M) and MIM are in support of a united state, the other five parties are on the other side. I request TDP and other parties to join the fight against the bifurcation in the better interests of the future generations. Different party flags can come together in this fight for a united state,” he said.