Bean sprouts and green tomato salsa wrap
Bean sprouts and green tomato salsa wrap.Here is how you can convert leftover rotis into a tongue-tingling snack.
Here is how you can convert leftover rotis into a tongue-tingling snack.
Just use them to wrap up a delectable combination of crunchy bean sprouts and tangy green tomato salsa!
• 4 left-over rotis (approx. 150 mm. (6”) in diameter) For The Bean Sprouts Mixture
• 1 cup bean sprouts
• 1 tsp oil
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
• 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced capsicum
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced tomatoes
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
• salt to taste For The Green Tomato Salsa
• 1 cup roughly chopped green tomatoes
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped onions
• 1 tsp roughly chopped green chillies
• salt to taste For the bean sprouts mixture
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, bean sprouts, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
For the green tomato salsa
1. Combine all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
3. Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
4. Divide the salsa into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
1. Place a roti on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the green tomato salsa evenly over it.
2. Spread a portion of the bean sprouts mixture on 1 end of the roti and roll it up tightly.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more wraps.
4. Serve immediately.