Know your fruit: Apple benefits
Know Your Fruit: Apple Benefits. An apple a day keeps the doctor away, this old saying stands true till date. Here are the benefits that are associated with eating apples.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, this old saying stands true till date. Here are the benefits that are associated with eating apples.
- The antioxidants and phyto-nutrients in it helps in reducing the risk of developing cancer, heart diseases, diabetes and hyper tension.
- The dietary fiber present in apples helps in prevention of rise of bad cholesterol and helps in digestion. It also helps in maintaining weight.
- This low calories fruit will satisfy your sweet tooth without any fear of gaining weight.
- Eating five apples a week lowers the risk of respiratory diseases like asthma.
- Existence of vitamin C &B helps in developing resistance against infectious agents and acts as co-factors for enzymes in metabolism.
- Minerals like potassium, calcium and phosphorous helps in cell functions and controls heart rate and blood pressure.
- The components of apple are necessary for optimal growth, development and overall wellness of humans.
- The vitamin A in apple reduces the risk of skin cancer and other skin diseases.
- Apples could reduce the risk of neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eating an apple is said to quench your thrist.
- It also helps to counter constipation and diarrhea.