Home Remedies For Cough
Cough is one of the most common health problems. And almost everyone suffers from cough when there is a change in the weather. It prevents you from doing your routine work, even sleep is hard to come by.
Cough is one of the most common health problems. And almost everyone suffers from cough when there is a change in the weather. It prevents you from doing your routine work, even sleep is hard to come by. If the cough has been persistent for a while, it is advisable to see a doctor but in normal cases the home remedies are enough to suppress the cough. Some of such useful home remedies are:
1. Honey- Honey is really effective for treating cough and sore throat. There are many ways to have honey, like -
• Honey with hot milk before sleep is very soothing to the throat and reduces the cough
• Drinking boiled water with honey and lemon or even drinking any tea with honey in it.
2. Turmeric- the herb turmeric has a therapeutic effect on cough.
• Roast turmeric root and grind it into a smooth powder. Mix it with water and honey, and drink it twice a day
• You can also put one tablespoon honey and one teaspoon each of turmeric and black pepper in half a cup of water. You can add cinamon sticks too. Boil it for two to three minutes. Drink it daily until the cough subsides.
3. Ginger- Ginger is one of the most popular natural cures for a cough.
• Cut ginger and put them in the boiling water and drink it a few times a day.
• You can even cut it into small pieces and add honey to it and eat.
• You can also chew fresh raw ginger on and off throughout the day to reduce your cough symptoms
4. Garlic- Garlic has both antibacterial and antimicrobial components that help treat coughs.
• Eat a clove of crushed garlic mixed with a few drops of clove oil and some honey for sore throat relief. You can also use garlic in your cooking.
• Boil two to three cloves of garlic in a cup of water and add a teaspoon of oregano. Allow it to cool to room temperature, add some honey and drink it. This will help your breathing.
5. Gargle- As soon as you feel soreness in your throat, make it a point to gargle with salt dissolved in warm water. The salt in the water can help drain excess fluid from inflamed areas in the throat reducing the symptoms.