Now track your lost Android smartphone with Google Maps
Did you ever imagine what will you do if you miss your phone Dropped it somewhere or it is stolen What will happen to the data, images and contacts You have memories stored in your mobile, not just the information you need Its precious for you
Did you ever imagine what will you do if you miss your phone? Dropped it somewhere or it is stolen? What will happen to the data, images and contacts? You have memories stored in your mobile, not just the information you need. It’s precious for you.
Sometimes you can find it back instantly working hard on your memory where you kept it last time or you can call on your number and a good samaritan who kept it safely may return you back. However, there are also chances that you can never find your phone again. You may lose it forever.
While it’s natural to panic at such a moment, fortunately, just like Apple’s ‘Find My Phone’ feature, Android smartphones also come with ‘Find Your Phone’ function. This feature keeps track of all the places and their locations you have visited with your phone. With the help of Google Maps, you can now track the location of your device in the form of a timeline. Wondering how? Just simply follow these simple steps
- Any other smartphone or PC with internet connectivity
- Login ID and password of your Google Account
Steps you need to follow:
1. Open www.maps.google.co.in on any smartphone or PC
2. Login using the Google Account linked to your lost/misplaced smartphone
3. Now, click or tap on the three-horizontal bar icon on the top-right corner
4. Select ‘Your timeline’ option
5. Now enter the Year, Month and Day for which you want to see the location of you
6. Maps will show you the location history of your device along with the current location
Note: For this feature to work properly, your device must be switched on and must have the location services turned on